How Much Confidence Does Your Team Have In You? The QuizSep 27, 2021
Why does my boss micromanage me? Why don’t my peers invite me to important conversations? Why don’t my direct reports tell me about problems or mistakes they make? Why am I not allowed to present at meetings?
If you find yourself asking these questions, your co-workers may lack confidence in you. I know you work hard and strive to do your best. But sometimes, people see things in you that you don’t see in yourself. I can’t expect others to want to collaborate with me if I don’t have their full trust and confidence.
So, start by looking in the mirror. Take this quiz to see how easy it is for others to have confidence in you. Rate yourself on each statement below using the following scale:
1 = almost never
2 = rarely
3 = sometimes
4 = often
5 = almost always
- I have the knowledge, skills, and ability to do my job well.
- I do my job correctly and do not make mistakes.
- My teammates talk to me about everything, even the most difficult issues.
- I avoid coming across as critical, defensive, or disinterested when speaking with teammates.
- I deliver what I promise.
- I show up on time and meet deadlines.
- I stay impartial and objective in decision making, avoiding actions that might seem as if I play favorites.
- I reach out to include others to avoid gossiping or the appearance of hidden agendas.
- I consider the well-being of my teammates before making decisions.
- I genuinely try to get to know what others care about, professionally and personally, so I can show that I care about those things too.
Tally up your score and stay tuned for my next post where I’ll reveal what it means!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.